The New Jersey Clean Energy Program is designed to help homeowners reduce their energy consumption.
The utility companies are offering rebates and financing to do this work on your home and in New Jersey there are 3 main utility companies participating. These companies are PSE&G , Elizabethtown Gas, and NJ Natural Gas, all 3 companies offer different rebates.
At Quality Air our goal is to maximize each homeowners rebate potential!!!!
Quality Air is a leader in the program for job’s completed and audits completed. As of 01/01/2011 we have completed over 200 jobs and everyone of our customers has been paid in full on their rebates. Quality Air handles all the paperwork, permits, and submittals needed for each project. The only thing you the customer are responsible for is filling out a simple loan application if needed.
To maximize the potential on the rebates and the 0% financing we need to make your home 20-25% more energy efficient than what it currently is. In order for us to do this properly an energy audit on your home is needed, the cost of the audit is refunded if you continue to do the work or if we cannot get you in the 20-25% project range.
For example on a typical single system home which includes a new 95% variable speed Trane furnace : If your project is under $14,000 and we are able to achieve a 25% reduction Quality air will wait for the $4,000 rebate. If the customer was granted the EFS loan for the balance of $10,000 then the customer has to pay nothing out of pocket. If the project is more than $14,000 then the remaining balance on the job has to be paid at the completion of the job.
Steps For Making It Through The Program
1. Call Quality Air for a verbal explanation of your home and what exactly you are looking to do.
2. Set up an audit date that works for you.
3. Collect the last 12 months of utility bills ( Gas, Electric, Propane, Oil, etc. ) – Must be done before audit is completed
4. Call or email EFS (Energy Financial Solutions) pre-qualify yourself for a loan – Must be done before audit is completed
5. Auditor does in-home inspection to write up work scope – Takes approximately 2 hrs to complete
6. Review the proposed work scope with auditor and sign contract.
7. Complete EFS loan documents – Customer is responsible for this
8. Quality Air gets permits, orders equipment, and sets install dates – Most jobs take 2-3 days to complete
9. Customer signes off on completed documents and pays balance of job in full.
10. Quality Air Submits all documents to NJ Clean Energy and EFS.